Big Tomato Tech / e-Handoff, Inc. is a growing software company located in Sacramento, CA. Founded in 2008, and incorporated in 2012, we have two primary lines of business including e-Handoff Software as a Service (SaaS) which provides a system for hospitals and physicians to transfer critical information on very sick patients during shift. NAMI EasySite is a network of WordPress websites for the affiliates of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), that gives affiliates a pre-built, customizable, modern website tailored to their organization. We are privileged to serve customers who are doing good things in the world, and our company has great growth potential in the healthcare and mental health realms. Candidates must be able to work onsite several days a week in our Sacramento, California offices.
Role and Responsibilities
- The primary focus of this role is on the successful coding and deployment of new WordPress websites.
- Become thoroughly knowledgeable in both product lines of e-Handoff, Inc.: e-Handoff SaaS, and NAMI EasySite.
- Other focus includes coding and deploying front-facing features and templates to the medical SaaS production platform, while working closely with IT systems and the software engineering group to continually improve application whose primary users are physicians and other caregivers.
- The Designer will work collaboratively with marketing product managers, information technology, other designers, and executives to lead design throughout the planning and development life cycle.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must have design portfolio or web related design work to share
- At least 3 years of experience as a web designer with user experience design or similar role.
- Experience turning complex problems and understanding of business requirements into simple and engaging user experiences for the web, tablet and mobile. Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Ability to create illustrations, icons and graphic marketing materials such as conference banners and brochures.
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in web design or equivalent professional experience.
- Proficiency in ColdFusion is a huge plus.